Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Joy and Frustration of Blogging 2

I had read that a big factor of 'The Net' being successful was the anonymous social interaction it allowed. In the early days of becoming a cyber pilgrim I built three web sites. Though I was getting hits, I was getting no response from the contact me page. If you'd like to take a look and suggest why that is so my URL is http://pats-cyberspace.tripod.com

After awhile I discovered Blogging, and decided it was where people went to socialize, and express themselves on the net. I spent a lot of time on my LiveJournal site. It was rewarding as I could respond with encouragement when I sensed it was needed, and give some advice when I knew the answers.

I'm a little discouraged with this site: I started it about a week ago, and I have had no comments. Is it that people are not accessing it, or is it just boring?

4 comments:

iOS App Demo said...

Just a few thoughts:
I would guess that you need to publicise your blog to get people looking at it and leaving comments. Leaving posts on other people's blogs is also a good idea (I noticed you posted on my blog! :-)) Getting other people to link to you will raise your google ranking. A quick search on Google didn't find your blog (I think The Journey is a popullar Title).

Pat Dyson said...

I'm a bit rusty (see my latest post): I know how to promote a website, but the only way I know to increase traffic on a blog is to interact with others on the same blog server.

Did you find me only because I posted on your blog?

I'll take it one step at a time; I don't have much posted worth promoting yet. I am curious though about how to get listed on Google. Does Blogger have a feature where you can sign on, as Tripods free website does. Do I have to do anything to be listed on Bloggers directory list?

Thanks for the encouragement.

Pat Dyson said...

Hey phil b:
I see what you mean about Journal being a popular title. I come into my site through my Google accounts, so don't use URL but today I need to know what my public URL is, and the search methods are not helping. Can you tell me how to find out what my URL is? If you are inclined to help a rookie, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pat Dyson said...

phil, it't me again;

brain scattered--I meant Journey--
I want to use some comments I used to prove a point, on freewebs; in a forum.

I've spent most of my summer here, if you're bored at all, I invite you to check it out:

http://www.freewebs.com/christiancrossword