Thursday, August 28, 2008

Soul Searching



The last week almost seems like a maniacal nightmare. The influence that alla-1331 had on everyone who posts in the Freewebs forums is disturbing. He is very accomplished at mind control, and his game was, on the freeweb forums at least, to create a moblike mentality to get the posters fighting among themselves .(http://www.hisnameisjesus.org/allasbigguns.htm ) I got sucked into it too; I felt like a Christian soldier going off to war.

My forum titled 'alla vs thebiblethumpers' was a very stimulating battle field. Life had become very boring until I discovered these discussion groups; sometimes I wondered why the Lord didn't just let me die on the operating table, when I had my heart attack. With my limited funds I wasn't out in the world being a blessing; I couldn't even afford bus tickets to fellowship at my home church.

It was easy for him to bait the resentful souls, the holier than thou, and born-again believers, with his insults, false accusations, and un-Christlike behaviour; though he claimed to be 'True Christian' intent only on exposing false Christians. In the end his overconfidence as the cash cow of Freewebs was, in part, his downfall. He became more trouble than he was worth when he started making wild unsubstantiated claims about people in positions of power at Freewebs. On top of that the CEO was overwhelmed with a mountain of email abuse reports.

It was puzzling why he was allowed to continue behaving the way he was: he could have been shut down weeks ago; we can only assume there may be some truth in alla's claim that he was valued for the revenue his antics generated. If that's the case, I think that whoever allowed it to go on wasn't aware of the Pandora's box that was being opened.

There have been no new post from alla-1331 for several days; my freewebs friend, and sister in-Christ, Marcia, reported that his site had been frozen. I got confirmation in my private messages yesterday, saying the situation with alla was resolved, and to say a few words to end the thread at alla vs the biblethumpers.

I had already posted my intention to move on, since some comment made to me about my verbal duels with alla added to his reasons to reject Christianity. That was the blow that woke me up: my pointing out the truth was being interpreted as selfish motives, and hateful! I saw no point in justifying my behavior, but the idea of what I was saying made Christianity look bad didn't sit well in my heart. The time had come to consider my motives, and get a sense of how I can use what was uncovered; to see how I can help my fellow freewebers get past the fall-out of the battle; to put the genie back in the bottle.

No comments: